Support Center Engineer
iTi is seeking a Support Center Engineer for our Customer Care Center. The primary job purpose of the Support Center Engineer is to provide iTi Customer Care Center (CCC) and clientele with Network, Security and Systems support to maximize stability, availability, security and functionality within the production environment. As a customer interfacing contact he/she will work to solve pressing business issues and drive positive change. You will leverage technology, advance iTi CCC services and provide feedback.
Network and Security support as it applies to iTi CCC and iTi CCC client base.
- Service Delivery — Ensure IT assets are highly available and properly deployed in order to maximize iTi service capability. Utilize company applications like FastTrack, Service Desk, LiveLink and email to ensure prompt reliable coverage.
- Network, Security, IPT and Systems Integration and Support — Define, assist in the management, testing, implementation, and deployment of new and existing technologies as it pertains to Security, CCC services and client networking.
Security and Continuity
— Strive where possible to mitigate geographic and environment risks. Set a high standard for technical
implementations to ensure the security and confidentiality of iTi and customer assets and intellectual properties.
- Change Management — Assess iTi CCC and customer conditions and recommend operational changes. Log all material work, tasks and system changes in Fast Track and Service Desk.
- Documentation - Periodic reviews internal process and control documentation as relates to IT Infrastructure, IT Operations and to Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Ensure proper recordkeeping of all licenses, agreements, entitlements, and invoice approvals as relates to the CCC infrastructure.
- Administration — Ensure access control rights to all individuals are properly authorized and evidenced.
- Strong background in Cisco Routers (i.e. Cisco 7200, 3700,2600) Cisco Catalyst Switches (i.e. 6500, 5500, 3750) using IOS and CatIOS.
- Strong understanding of IP addressing/subnetting/VLSM and CIDR Adept in current Security technologies.
- QOS configuration and tuning for VOICE and applications sensitive to latency.
- An understanding of network routing protocols: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF etc.
- Working skills with switching technologies/concepts (i.e. Spanning-tree, VLAN, 802.1q, SPAN, VACL and Etherchannel)
- Good understanding of current network monitoring and management tools.
- Experience with Sniffer type data analysis, filtering and diagnostics.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to multi-task. Strong follow-up skills.
- Strong customer focused and results oriented attitude.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
- Willingness to coordinate and work with others.
- Adept in use of MS Office, Visio, Internet and e-mail.
- Willingness to be on call, 7x24x365 (less pre-approved exceptions)
and attend to technical issues outside of normal business hours.
- Willingness to travel as needed (5%-10% travel per month may occasionally be required).
- Technical Certification in Cisco CCNA with significant progress toward a CCNP certification.
- Technical Certifications like Checkpoint, Microsoft, HP or Linux are a plus but not required.
- 3-5 years of experience in network engineering, security, networking and infrastructure support.
Charlotte, North Carolina